Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Newbie: Help finding replacement diode and transistor

honeydrewboo

Hello newbie here need some help finding some replacement parts for my Sony Bvm-1910. I found some on ebay but alot of the feedback says that the parts are fake. Rather use mouser/digikey/a reputable company, if possible, could get away with using an smd as well. Thanks!

Hitachi 1SS119 diode and Toshiba 2SA1091 (Q12) Lipple Filter in attached screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240505-234442_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20240505-234442_Samsung Notes.jpg
    865.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 6581-29692.pdf
    274.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 0900766b80c25609.pdf
    147.1 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Any of these should be good for the 2SA109: Here

Seems like any diode with a forward voltage 0.8 has moved in type from through-hole to SMD.

You can try NTE, but I've always heard they are expensive. Here

Last edited:
For the 1SS119, it looks like the diode is used to temperature compensate the B-E of transistors. In this case only the forward voltage drop is important. The speed of the diode is not but I would stay with a fast diode. The capacitance is not.
1SS119
1715027360444.png

1N4148, 1N914
1715027456773.png

I would consider the 1N4148 or 1N914. The forward voltage drop is slightly different, looking at 25C and 1mA.

The circuit looks 'similar' to a push pull audio amplifier, and such bias compensation diodes are EXTREMELY critical - and you MUST use the exact original types (or it's likely to self destruct again). For that reason Vbe multipliers are a far better solution.

However, this circuit is only low power, and uses 56 ohm emitter resistors, so thermal runaway isn't going to be an issue - so I would imagine it's not particularly critical at all in this case.

More of a concern is what happened to it? - was it physically damaged?, as it's unlikely to fail.

Hello newbie here need some help finding some replacement parts for my Sony Bvm-1910. I found some on ebay but alot of the feedback says that the parts are fake. Rather use mouser/digikey/a reputable company, if possible, could get away with using an smd as well. Thanks!

Hitachi 1SS119 diode and Toshiba 2SA1091 (Q12) Lipple Filter in attached screenshot.
Take the feedback seriously. Buy from a reputed manufacturer/supplier.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back